Videvo.net Terms & Conditions
Videvo.net is owned, operated, and provided by Oxford Media Solutions Limited. These Terms of Service (“Terms”) govern your use of the Videvo.net website or service (collectively, the “Services”) that includes an authorised link to these Terms.
Please review these Terms carefully before downloading any clips and using them in your projects. By using any of these Services, you accept these Terms.
1. Intellectual Property; License
You are authorised to download the video files and other such content in accordance with the Terms. The contents of this Site, including all Site software, design, text, images, photographs, illustrations, audio and video material, artwork, graphic material, databases, proprietary information and all copyrightable or otherwise legally protectable elements of the Site, including, without limitation, the selection, sequence and ‘look and feel’ and arrangement of items, and all trademarks, service marks and trade names (individually and/or collectively, “Material”), are the property of the Parent Companies, and their Affiliates, and any of their successors and assigns, and any of their respective licensors, Subject to these Terms, you may access and use the Services only for your own personal and commercial use. We reserve all other rights to the Services and Content, You also may not transfer or sublicense this limited right to use the Services or resell the Services.
1. (a) License and Release Information for all Video Clips on Videvo
License and Author information for clips is available on the clip download page.
1. (a1) “Videvo Standard License”
Clips licensed under the Videvo Standard License may be used free of charge on a Royalty-Free basis. No attribution is required to Videvo.net, or the named author of the clip. It is strictly forbidden to redistribute these clips in their original form (i.e. for stock purposes) on other websites, blogs, file sharing sites, email or by any other method. You may use the clip in any personal or commercial project, unless the clip has been marked for Editorial Use Only (see 1. (a4) below).
1. (a2) “Videvo Attribution License”
Clips licensed under the Videvo Attribution License may be used free of charge on a Royalty-Free basis. You must provide a credit to the named author of the clip. It is strictly forbidden to redistribute these clips in their original form (i.e. for stock purposes) on other websites, blogs, file sharing sites, email or by any other method. You may use the clip in any personal or commercial project, providing the clip has not been marked as Editorial Use Only(see 1. (a4) below)
1. (a3) “Creative Commons 3.0 Unported (CC BY 3.0)” License
For clips marked Creative Commons 3.0 Unported (CC BY 3.0) You are free to:
Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
For more information about CC BY 3.0, please refer to https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
1. (a4) Clips Marked “Editorial Use Only”
In additional to the clip License, Video Clips may be marked as Editorial Use Only. In these instances, you are strictly forbidden from using such Video Clips for commercial or promotional purposes.
1. (b) Uploading Files to Videvo
1. (b1). By uploading a video clip to Videvo, you agree that you own full rights to the video clip and that you agree that members of the Site may download and use your video clip(s) free of charge for use in any production, for an unlimited period of time, royalty-free. Videvo will not be liable for any legal repercussions as a result of you uploading your video clip(s).
1. (b2) Videvo reserves the right to moderate and remove video files at any time without notice.
1. (c) Miscellaneous
1. (c1) You shall not use, allow, or enable others to use the Site, or knowingly condone use of this Site by others, in any manner that is, attempts to, or is likely to, be libellous, defamatory, indecent, vulgar or obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit or sexually suggestive, racially, culturally, or ethnically offensive, harmful, harassing, intimidating, threatening, hateful, objectionable, discriminatory, or abusive, or which may or may appear to impersonate anyone else.
1. (c2) Additionally, you shall not use, allow, or enable others to use the Site which affect us adversely or reflect negatively on us, the Site, our goodwill, name or reputation or cause duress, distress or discomfort to us or anyone else, or discourage any person, firm or enterprise from using all or any portion, features or functions of the Site, or from advertising, linking or becoming a supplier to us in connection with the Site.
1. (c3) If the text, graphics, images, video, digital files etc. complies with any trademark, then you are not allowed to alter such trademarks or use them in such a way which creates confusion regarding your association with the Trademark holder.
1. (c4) If a definable character is obvious in any video or other digital files, your use of that file or incorporation of that particular file may infringe right or publicity without prior permission.
1. (c5) Any recognizable audio incorporated with the video files are purely incidental and Videvo.net gives you no such license or authorization to use any of those audio or voice-overs included in any digital files. Again, you are not granted permission to alter such audio or a part of it included in those digital files. If you intended to do so for a commercial purpose, you must obtain a prior permission from the original author.
We may occasionally change these Terms, so we encourage you to review the Terms periodically. The most current version of the Terms (along with their effective date) will be linked from each of the Services. If you continue to use the Services after we change the Terms, you accept all changes.
3. The Service
The Videvo.net website including all content (“Content”) available through the Videvo.net domain name, (the “Site”) is owned and operated by Oxford Media Solutions. This is a web based service accessible by computers, mobile phones and other devices. The services offered by Videvo.net also include; search tools, links to partner and third party sites, and links to sites made available by the users.
4. Access to Videvo.net
You are solely responsible to arrange and to pay for any service fees associated with your ability to access Videvo.net as well as any other equipment necessary to connect to the Service. You are responsible for ensuring that your equipment, software and use do not disturb or interfere with our operation of the Service. In the sole discretion of Videvo.net, any equipment, software or other usage that may cause any interference with the Service shall result in immediate disconnection from the Service.
Videvo.net does not endorse any text, graphics, images, video, digital files, software or in other format files that may appear on or through the Service and makes no warranties, express or implied, as to their accuracy and reliability. Videvo.net expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with any and all such Submissions.
7. Legal Complaints
Videvo.net respects intellectual property rights. If you believe that Content on the Services infringes your copyright, please follow our procedures for making a Copyright infringement claim. If you have a legal complaint other than a copyright claim, please follow our procedure for making other legal complaints.
8. Third Party Content
9. Fair Usage policy
The Services have been designed to present Content in a unique format and appearance. Unless we give you permission, you agree not to access the Services using any interface other than ours. We may deny permission to link to the Services for any reason in our sole discretion, and you must be able to edit or delete promptly links that you create, upon our request.
Without limiting any other provision in these Terms, you may not use the Services to do the following or assist others to do the following:
– Threaten, defame, stalk, abuse, or harass other persons or engage in illegal activities;
– Link to the Services from a site or transmit any material that is inappropriate, profane, vulgar, offensive, false, disparaging, defamatory, obscene, illegal, sexually explicit, racist, that promotes violence, racial hatred, or terrorism, or that we deem, in our sole discretion, to be otherwise objectionable;
– Frame the Services, display the Services in connection with an unauthorised logo or mark, or do anything that could falsely suggest a relationship between the Videvo.net Parties and any third party or potentially deprive us of revenue (including, without limitation, revenue from advertising, branding, or promotional activities);
– Violate any person’s or entities legal rights (including, without limitation, intellectual property, privacy, and publicity rights), transmit material that violates or circumvents such rights, or remove or alter intellectual property or other legal notices;
– Transmit files that contain viruses, spyware, adware, or other harmful code;
– Advertise or promote goods or services without our permission (including, without limitation, by sending spam);
– Interfere with others using the Services or otherwise disrupt the Services;
– Engage in unauthorised spidering, “scraping,” or harvesting Content, contact or other personal information, or use any other unauthorized automated means to compile information;
– Impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation or the origin of materials you transmit; or
– Defeat any access controls, access any portion of the Services that we have not authorised you to access (including password-protected areas), link to password-protected areas, attempt to access or use another user’s account or information, or allow anyone else to use your account or access credentials.
10. Disclaimers : Limitations of Liability
The Videvo.net parties do not warrant: (1) that the services, any of the services’ functions or any content or software contained therein will be uninterrupted or error-free; (2) that defects will be corrected; (3) that the services or the servers hosting them are free of viruses or other harmful code; or (4) that the services or information available through the services will continue to be available. The Videvo.net parties disclaim any express or implied warranties, including, without limitation, non-infringement, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and title. The services, including, without limitation, all content, software, and functions made available on or accessed through or sent from the services, are provided “as is,” “as available,” and “with all faults.”
Videvo.net will not be held legally accountable for copyright claims regarding user uploads. While every effort is made to ensure user uploaded clips are original content and intellectual property of the user uploading, Videvo will not be held liable for copyright claims against users.
The Videvo.net parties will not be liable to you or anyone else for any loss or damages of any kind (including, without limitation, for any special, direct, indirect, incidental, exemplary, economic, punitive, or consequential damages) in connection with the services or your user submissions, even if foreseeable or even if one or more of the Videvo.net parties has been advised of the possibility of such damages (including, without limitation, whether caused in whole or in part by negligence, gross negligence, or otherwise, but excluding wilful misconduct) unless specified in writing. The Videvo.net parties’ liability in connection with the services or your user submissions for wilful misconduct will not exceed the amount paid by you to Videvo.net in the three months preceding the claim.
Your access to and use of the services is at your risk. If you are dissatisfied with the services or any of the content, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue accessing and using the services.
You acknowledge and agree that if you incur any damages that arise out of the Videvo.net parties’ acts or omissions, the damages, if any, are not irreparable and are not sufficient to entitle you to an injunction or other equitable relief restricting exploitation of any website, property, product, program, television show, motion picture, or other audio/visual content owned or controlled by the Videvo.net parties, including without limitation the services (including those incorporating user submissions).
11. Law and Jurisdiction
We may elect to resolve any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Terms or the Services by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the laws of England and Wales, and the courts of London. The arbitrator’s award will be binding and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction.
We have adopted and implemented a policy that provides for the termination, in appropriate circumstances, of the accounts of users who are repeat infringers of copyright. Any fraudulent, abusive or otherwise illegal activity may also be grounds for termination of your account, at our sole discretion, and you may be reported to appropriate law-enforcement agencies.
14. General Provisions
These terms and conditions are the entire agreement between you and Videvo.net in relation with the fair usage of the digital files.
If you have any queries you can write to us at:
Oxford Media Solutions Limited, Office 5, Bullingdon House, Oxford, OX4 1UE, United Kingdom.
Terms updated: 22/03/2017