Your privacy is important to us. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and contributors. The following policy explains how we deal with the information collected from you, your personal information and options available to you in regard to the policies followed by us.
The data controller/processor is the owner and operator of Videvo.net, Oxford Media Solutions Limited.
(2) Collection and use of information
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of data/information:
(a) Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views
(b) Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
(c) personal information, for example, your name, address or telephone number, e-mail address that is taken when using the Site in order to provide you with the services you wish to make use of. Unless otherwise agreed with you we will not collect any sensitive personal data. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys and provide feedback.
(d) Where data is not obtained directly from you but from a third party the categories of such data may include individuals’ contact details, educational background, financial and pay details, details of certificates and diplomas, education and skills, marital status, nationality, job title, and CV. Sources for such data may include the third party’s databases and public sources.
Our processing of personal data will satisfy at least one of the following processing conditions:
- Consent – you have given consent to the processing for one or more specific purposes. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time but this will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal;
- Necessary for performance of a contract – The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract. Where this ground applies the provision of the information is a contractual requirement and if you fail to provide it we will be unable to provide the services that you have requested;
- Legal obligation – The processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- Vital interests – The processing is necessary in order to protect your or another person’s vital interests, e.g. in medical emergencies;
- Public functions – The processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us;
- Legitimate interests – The processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data. Legitimate interests include transfer of data for internal administrative purposes, market research activities, direct marketing purposes, preventing fraud, ensuring network and information security and reporting criminal acts or threats to public security.
We may send a cookie, which may be stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. We may use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration of this website, to improve on the service we currently provide.
(4) Using your personal data
We may use your personal information to:
- Provide you with services;
- Administer the website;
- Improve your browsing experience by personalizing the website;
(d) Provide third parties with statistical information about our users — but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
(e) Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
We will only collect and use personal information in line with our responsibilities under applicable data protection laws. We may share your information with our Group companies, advisers, suppliers, customers and partners as is necessary to ensure that you are provided with the services you have requested.
(5)_ How long will we keep your information?
We will generally keep your personal data for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed, if it is no longer required for the lawful purpose(s) for which it was obtained. If you consent to marketing any information we use for this purpose will be kept by us until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information.
(5) Your Rights
Under data protection laws you have the right:
- to be informed;
- of access;
- to rectification;
- to erasure;
- to restrict processing;
- to data portability;
- to object.
Conditions may apply in respect of the exercise of these rights. We will generally respond to requests from you within one month.
(6) Other disclosures
(a) To the extent that we are required to do so by law.
(7) Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password. Please do not share your password with others. Change your password regularly.
(8) Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. We reserve the right to reclaim any administrative costs involved in providing you with this information.
(9) Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information, which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated. The same will be corrected/updated within a reasonable time.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO): http://ico.org.uk/.